Wednesday 24 November 2010

Analysis of a Film Opening - Atonement

After looking at various film openings and learning how to analyse them, we were asked to choose our own to analyse. I found it really hard to choose which film I wanted to analyse, but I finally decided to analyse the first few minutes of the film "Atonement". I wanted to choose something a bit different; other than a horror, which a lot of people decided to look at.

I watched the opening of the film a few times before taking screen shots and looking more closely at the mise-en-scene. This is the analysis I came up with.....


1 comment:

  1. Alice,

    This is an excellent shot by shot analysis of the opening sequence to Atonement. You incorporate vital aspects of mise-en-scene with camera angles, movement, and the use of diegetic and non-diegetic sound incredibly well, and make succinct points about how these create meaning.

    The skills that you have demonstrated will be of true benefit to other aspects of the course.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete