Friday 4 March 2011

First Day of Filming!

Today was our first day of filming! Georgie and Alex came over to my house after school to set up and get ready. First I had to sort out my make-up and costume...


I put eyeliner under my eyes to create really dark circles, as Elisabeth wasn't exposed to sunlight for 24 years. Georgie also applied light make-up to my face to make me look more pale and I applied talcum powder to my lips so they too looked pale and cracked.
 I wore an old jumper, pulled out the back of my mum's wardrobe(!) and some old jeans.
  Covering up the window in the garage to shut out any natural light.
 Sticking up the pictures.

The television and pictures set up. (You will not see the floor in the shots and it will be much darker.)

After setting up the garage we went to Alex's house and began filming the two scenes with Young Elisabeth. Amber did really well, as she has never acted before, we were all very impressed! We shot one scene in Alex's kitchen in front of an old fireplace, which looked excellent. Alex played Josef Fritzl in this scene as we would not see much of her and Amber felt comfortable acting with Alex.
Filming some test shots.
Amber - our Young Elisabeth
 Georgie with Amber and Morris (our production mascot!)
 Setting up the camera for the second scene of Young Elisabeth.
 We found creating a shadow that would show up on camera really difficult, but eventually found a bright light to place behind Alex!



 We were happy with our shots for the Young Elisabeth flashbacks, and decided that if we needed to re-shoot we could. So, we went back to my house to try some test shots of the main cellar scenes.

I used a jumper under my top for the pregnancy scene - it looked surprisingly convincing!

Although we did film some cellar scenes it took up a lot of time because we had to find the right lighting for the scenes and figure out using the television at the right times. After so much shooting and preparation we decided to leave the cellar scenes for the next shoot. This is because we would not have enough time to do them all in one night and it would be to difficult to keep the lighting and camera positions exactly the same if we did half the filming then and the rest another time.
I am really pleased with our progress and enjoying shooting our footage, even though it is very challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment